Friday, April 18, 2014

Wow! is this it?

Nooo how can this be. This cant be the end. I cant imagine a day without these kids. I have had so many amazing life changing moments with them.
  This week all of our bunnies went home for Easter adoption. The kids were so happy and so many happy memories will be made. the greatest thing is that the kids took care of them from birth. they learned so much, and then they got to take home the ones that they bonded with. It was such a beautiful thing. On Thursday I had the honor of handing the last bunny to its new owner at the end of the day. I will never forget how her face lit up and the joy that I saw. I that doesn't melt your heart I don't know what will.
  We also had our pig roast this week. It was hectic but again another amazing thing in the world of ag. The students at Biglerville raised these animals, and then cooked up all the food. every single student in every class was able to help. They made new friends and many students formed new bonds. they then served it to the faculty that works so hard to support them. It was incredible. I have felt so blessed to take part in this experience.
  I have finally found my groove as a teacher as well. I have built the rapport needed to help a class flow, and found a bit of a voice when it comes to lesson planning. I am so excited.
  My student that I helped with public speaking was disappointed when I told her I was leaving before her next level of competition. I wish her the best and wish more than anything that I could go through this experience with her.
  I also attended the PAAE meeting. this was a great experience and we actually had some good laughs. More than ever I see that this is a beautiful family that I would love to be a part of.
  I am sad that this is my last week. I am prepared to maximize it and soak up the entire experience as much as possible. I believe that my life has changed. I hope that I was able to make a difference in the lives of these amazing students. I feel so blessed. I was so lucky to get a great school and cooperating teacher.!

1 comment:

  1. It has been exciting to see you grow as a student teacher - develop rapport with your students - and learn many new skills as a teacher. Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete