Tuesday, April 22, 2014

This is it..the end that leads to new beginnings

The End...
This is the final week of student teaching. It is over and I can't believe it to be so. This was one of the most mentally and emotionally challenging semesters of my college career. If I were to be completely honest, I wasn't sure that I would make it. When I was in high school, which seems like eternity ago I was asked what I wanted to be. As part of agriculture education teachers must have students fill out for form that deal with future career choice. My teacher Jon S , asked me what do you want to do? You sure do take a lot of our classes. My simple response was, "I want to be an Ag teacher". Ive never once changed my thoughts or my major. The greatest piece of advice he gave me and I will never forget it for as long as I live was, " You will want to quite, its going be hard, but don't for no other reason than to just do it, if you can't find a reason to go on, because you will be happy you did." That statement has helped me many a time. I have even said that to few cohort members that were doubting the choice that they have made. All I can say is that I am so thankful that I heard that advice.
  Here I am today. Final week of the most incredible experience. What a week it is too! I am helping where I can with banquet planning,materials, and organization. I kept the vet science class till the very end, in order to get the most out of this experience that I can. Practice, Practice , Practice.
  I am also putting the final touches on my last assignments and it feels good. I literally had the biggest most dork smile on my face when I really got into laying out my action research. I kinda think it is pretty awesome. Students have so much to tell us if we only chose to see it. It may not come out verbally but its there none the less. Through observation, test, worksheets, class activities, peer interaction, its all there waiting for someone to see it. For that teacher that says yes i now my students and I adjust every class to be a productive positive experience.
  The students have taught me more than I could have ever dreamed of. I have seen them on good days, bad days, emotional days, sick days, and everyone in between. I feel very fortunate to have been in a school where behavior is rarely if ever an issue. I have amazing students that would do anything for a teacher that treats them with respect like they equals. i have the upmost respect for these kids. I will miss each and every student dearly. This has been hard. Many of them tell me they don't want me to leave, or ask me to come to their graduation. It pulls at my heart strings like nothing Iv ever encountered.  My objectives from this were to finish strong, work hard, soak up every moment with these amazing kids. I am so appreciative of my cooperating teacher for this opportunity and her willingness to make this a reality. Her support has been amazing. This is a great cooperating center that i would highly recommend to any student teacher. This program teaches everything. Mr. Howell and Mrs. Miller has one of the best small town programs that I have had the privilege of visiting. this school is also extremely receptive to student teachers. the faculty make you feel like family. They would help you with anything. When I went to do my interview for our assignment I was able to talk right to the superintendent. How freaking cool! Go Biglerville. I am in love with apple country, and Ag ed!

No comments:

Post a Comment