Friday, April 11, 2014

It finally feels like apple city!

This week in apple city!

This week was a real deal teacher week. I taught two complete full days because Mrs.Miller was ill a day and there was a small field trip on Friday. There was a substitute to monitor the room and me, but I had all of the classes. They went really well. The subs like how I did. They also filled out evaluations for me. This is good because then I have feed back from other people. Today(Friday) i taught a lesson that I had no idea about. I had to learn in one night how to judge Mini Lop rabbits. I came in and jumped in this morning. It was Awesome!! One of my best lessons yet. The kids were really engaged and perceptive. They did really well. I am really happy with how the turned out.
 This week I also have my service learning project continuing. the students are learning about animal care and vet science and running a shelter supply drive. I also ran an officer meeting today. This is a bit crazy since all of the kids do not get along all of the time.
  I also have all my lessons done and approved for the following week. all the worksheets and etc.
I am getting more comfortable with the rabbits and handling the kids when I help out with classes.
This coming week we have a great deal going on, this includes a pig roast, PAAE meeting, and so much more.
    I daily work with our independent study kids. They know that they can come to me for help. they often come to me to ask for guidance or to show me their project. It is really nice, I have really gotten to know them. I work with them on their various duties and tasks. They are the best kids we have.
  I also found a way to get my student that had an issue with the reproduction unit to join the class again. By giving her tasks like speaking, and writing on the board, and doing the work that takes class to flow, she has reinserted herself. I was teaching about AI and at first she started to melt down. But by making her more front an center and guiding her to lead the class, she came back and thrived! I was so proud and excited. this was something that I implemented myself and it worked and that was a high moment for me.
  We also came up with a elution for the young girl that wanted the deceased rabbit. We let her come around on her own. And tried to introduce her to several other rabbits. She is now getting a beautiful mini lop and she is almost glowing with excitement for class again. It is truly beautiful.
I am excited for this upcoming week.

2 comments:

  1. Casi, I am glad you are having fun!

    I recommend taking time to proof read your reflections, there are some misspellings and grammar issues in this post.

    Continue to reflect on how appropriate planning and extended planning horizons can help make daily class instruction more "fun" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good post Casi. I agree, you need to proofread before posting. Good job filling in for Mrs. Miller.

    ReplyDelete