Sunday, September 29, 2013

412 reading for 9/30

Inquiry based instruction. This one leaves me at a slight loss. I'm not sure that there are always enough engaged students. We do so much to keep them interested but some drive has to come from the students.
-Inquiry based is:
          
1. question;

2. investigate;

3. use evidence to describe, explain, and predict;

4. connect evidence to knowledge; and

5. share findings.
Can students come to the point that they do this, when by the time ag teachers get students they are older and likely relatively set in their ways. I suppose this forces teachers to be better and rise to the occasion, to "re-install"a thirst for learning and a drive to pursue. As an ag educator we have the unique opportunity to really use inquiry based learning. I believe it is important to know your students first in order to utilize this. To find out if this is possible types of questioning can be used on your students. These key ideas from Dyer are very interesting . they are something that subconsing I do but maybe rarely practice.
 
• Evaluate students' preparation and

comprehension.

• Diagnose students' strengths and weaknesses.

• Review and/or summarizing content.

To be a good teacher we must remember to be aware. I know that I wont remember all of theses little piece but over time I build a bank. I will know what is best for my students and why. I will be aware of their needs, and filling them.


No comments:

Post a Comment