Monday, December 9, 2013

Life knowledge

Life Knowledge
Where will you be in six years?
For my life knowledge lesson we talked goals as they pertain to future plans. it was my first day actually "teaching" in my cooperating center.
First, off it was crazy hectic because of snow delays, fundraisers and holiday projects.  I arrived just in time for organized chaos. I was also tossed right into the classroom because of the time schedule there wasn't a dull moment or a moment to even breathe. I walked right in and started helping with the fundraiser, then it was off to talk to the IEP coordinator then right into classroom. I started off my lesson by asking the students what a goal was or how they would describe it. I then asked them to al close their eyes and imagine where they thought they would be in six years. I had each of them share what they imagined then I wrote 4 things on the board for them to get up in front of each other and share. this was how I was exposing them to some speaking skills.
1. Name
2. hobbies
3. Higher education?
4. Favorite class and why?
The teachers even got up and did this with the students.  Following this I asked them how they thought they would get to these points. do they have short term goals to meet first before these dream goals. Would they have any difficulties or hurdles to pass. For very question I posed I said the question, gave them a moment to think and then asked each person in the class to share their answer. Some of their hurdles or questions pertained to college life. I was able to give them some information and discuss their questions with . I hope this helps them get to their goals, and make better choices. this part really helped to create this connection between us. They seemed really receptive toward me. it was a really nice feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment